Building Financial Trust and Stability, One Member at a Time.
Awakon Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative providing the best service to our most important assets – our members. The mission of a credit union is to provide and promote the use of a variety of financial services which feature particular benefits and advantages over those generally available from other banking sources, with the specific intent of helping members gain some particular measure of personal financial success.
As of February 1, 2014 the new Visa Credit Card payment address will be: PO Box 4519, Carol Stream IL 60197-4519. Members using our It’sMe247 Bill Pay, please remember to change this address in Bill Pay. Keep in mind that you also have the option to pay your credit card at any one of our branches, online or via phone by transferring to your Visa Payment Account; Suffix: 100 or 200. Thank-you!
Awakon Federal Credit Union proudly participates in the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. The VITA Program offers free tax help to people who make $52,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Our IRS-certified volunteers provide FREE basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in our local communities. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
Membership at Awakon Federal Credit Union NOT Required.
Our VITA Volunteers are now scheduling tax appointments. To schedule your appointment with:
- Katie in Onaway call 989-733-8557
- Lori in Rogers City call 989-734-2772
- Lori Bell at the Indian River Lending Center 231-238-1278
If you would rather utilize an online service or if you make more than $52,000, we also offer a TurboTax Discount for being a credit union member.
- There is a FREE Federal Edition if you have simple 1040EZ, 1040A, or 1040 forms to file. If you decide to file your state return electronically there is a fee of $27.99, however you could always file your state through the mail for the cost of postage.
- The Deluxe Edition asks you a series of questions and then searches through over 350 Credits & Deductions to maximize your refund. Federal filing fee= $24.99, State filing fee= $36.99
- There are also discounts for filing rental properties & investments, small businesses, as well as a military version.
- Free Mobile App, SnapTax gives you the option to submit a picture of your W-2′s with your smartphone. $14.99 fee to e-file, state included.
Click on the TurboTax link below to file today.