Building Financial Trust and Stability, One Member at a Time.
Awakon Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative providing the best service to our most important assets – our members. The mission of a credit union is to provide and promote the use of a variety of financial services which feature particular benefits and advantages over those generally available from other banking sources, with the specific intent of helping members gain some particular measure of personal financial success.
Awakon Federal Credit Union proudly participates in the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Our IRS-certified volunteers provide FREE basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in our local communities. Our volunteers can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
Membership at Awakon Federal Credit Union NOT Required.
Our VITA Volunteers are now scheduling tax appointments. To schedule your appointment with:
- Katie in Onaway call 989-733-8557
- Lori in Rogers City call 989-734-2772
- Lori Bell at the Indian River Lending Center 231-238-1278
If you would rather utilize an online service, we also offer a TurboTax Discount for being a credit union member.
- There is a FREE Federal and State Edition if you have simple 1040EZ, 1040A, or 1040 forms to file.
- The Deluxe Edition asks you a series of questions and then searches through over 350 Credits & Deductions to maximize your refund. Federal filing fee= $29.99, State filing fee= $36.99
- There are also similar discounts for filing rental properties & investments, small businesses, as well as a military version.
- Free Mobile App, SnapTax gives you the option to submit a picture of your W-2’s with your smartphone. Fee to e-file, is calculated based on edition used.
Click on the TurboTax link below to file today.