Awakon Federal Credit Union is dedicated to the promotion of our local communities, as well as the
advancement of our youth. Together we can build a brighter future for EVERYONE in our communities.
Together We Grow.
Awakon Communities Advocacy Council (ACAC) Grant Program
Applications for funds must relate to our mission to improve the quality of life for members of our
communities. Funds are undesignated funds and are designed to support multiple local charities. To
effectively distribute grants, an application is required. Grant applications will be accepted January 18th- March 1st.
Recipients will be announced on Friday, March 15th, 2024.
Who is Eligible?
• 501 (c) (3) Organizations
• Organizations/Projects which exhibit the potential to improve the quality of life for members of the
communities it serves.
Uses for Funds:
• Grant will fund an increase in the size or scope of an existing program.
• Grant will be an investment that strengthens nonprofit performance or outcomes, such as new strategies or improved processes/efficiencies.
• Grant funds an established program or project, for purposes of sustainment.
• Grant funds a new concept or pilot program.
• Organizations not serving in our Field of Membership
• Religious activities or programs serving specific religious groups or denominations. However, faith-based organizations may apply, if the project serves a broad segment of the population.
• For expenditures already incurred
How to Submit the Application
Email a copy of the PDF to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail a hard/paper copy to:
Awakon Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 420
Onaway, MI 49765
Attn: Dawn Bodnar
Throughout the year, each of our branches have various free-will donations to help local charities and organizations in need.
Awakon Federal Credit Union accepts funding requests from non-profit organizations, school-based programs, community projects, etc. located in the Onaway, Rogers City, Indian River, Gaylord and Wolverine areas for programs that address community and educational needs.
Here are some of the groups, charities, organizations, and events that we’ve sponsored on behalf of our members:
Onaway Area Schools Onaway Area Chamber Rogers City Summer Concert Series
Rogers City Area Schools Rogers City Area Chamber Moran Ironworks Christmas Certificates
St. Ignatius Schools Indian River Chamber Nautical Festival
Inland Lakes Area Schools Village of Wolverine Wolverine Lumberjack Festival
Wolverine Area Schools Black Lake Shivaree Autism Speaks 5K Walk/Run
Tri-River Little League Indian River Summerfest Indian River Soccer Association
Onaway 4th of July Onaway Broadcast Class Onaway Schools Fire Safety Class
Indian River Downtown Development Association
We are proud to say that our staff at Awakon Federal Credit Union supports our community involvement through their volunteerism.